Placement Assistance Watch & Support – Helping Our Community Re-Home Their Pets
Category Archives: Uncategorized
July 29, 2011Posted by on
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 530-263-1876, for TEXT ONLY. There is no voice mail on my phone. You can also message me on facebook, Lori Perry.
Click on the Nevada County PAWS link to the left from the Adoptable Animal Links list to view adoptable pets in the PAWS program. Other animal welfare groups in our community are also listed.
Read below for instructions on how to list your pet in the PAWS program
Email: email@example.com – Preferred
Phone: 530-263-1876 For text messages only!!! Please do not leave a voice mail. I am hearing impaired and the chances are that I will not be able to understand your message.
- PAWS is a not for profit program.
- Get the process started ASAP!!! Don’t delay. It can take several weeks to several months to re-home a pet.
- Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered, when age appropriate, and have all current vaccinations related to their species. There is more information under Get With the Program Menu on resources in our community.
- Use the Pet Bio Form, under the Forms menu above, to get started.
- PHOTOS are very important. Please send three. At least one head shot and one body shot.
- Fill out the Photo Request Form ASAP if you need photos taken so you can schedule an appointment with Therese. Good photos are very important for your pet’s listing and flyer.
- If you find, even after you get the process started, that you can keep your pet, that’s ok. It’s better to be proactive than to run out time trying to find a home for your pet.
- We do not take in animals. We do not have a facility or foster homes.
- The more information you provide, the better your pet’s chances are of getting adopted.
- Most of the information we provide pertains to dogs and cats. If you have another type of pet, let us know and we will help you find the info you need.
- We screen all potential adopters before giving out your contact info and will handle most aspects of the adoption.
- We will do home checks, if requested, for all pets that go through the PAWS adoption process before they are placed in their new home.
- You must be able to keep your pet with you until a new home is found.
NOTE: Once posted, the listing will stay active for up to three months unless, of course, your pet is adopted. If the listing needs to stay active after three months, please contact me at printsOpaws@gmail.com or 530-263-1876. Email is preferred.