Placement Assistance Watch & Support – Helping Our Community Re-Home Their Pets
July 29, 2011Posted by on
For adoption inquiries, please use the contact listed in each animal’s post. Thank you.
- NC PAWS is a not for profit program.
- Get the process started ASAP!!! Don’t delay. It can take several weeks to several months to re-home a pet.
- Dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered, when age appropriate, and have all current vaccinations related to their species. There is more information under Get With the Program Menu on resources in our community.
- Use the Pet Bio Form, under the Forms menu above, to get started.
- PHOTOS are very important. Please send three to firstname.lastname@example.org. At least one head shot and one body shot.
- If you find, even after you get the process started, that you can keep your pet, that’s ok. It’s better to be proactive than to run out of time trying to find a home for your pet.
- We do not take in animals. We do not have a facility or foster homes.
- The more information you provide, the better your pet’s chances are of getting adopted.
- Most of the information we provide pertains to dogs and cats. If you have another type of pet, let us know and we will help you find the info you need.
- We screen all potential adopters before giving out your contact info and will handle most aspects of the adoption.
- We will do home checks, if requested, for all pets that go through the PAWS adoption process before they are placed in their new home.
- You must be able to keep your pet with you until a new home is found.
NOTE: There are other groups that use the Nevada County PAWS account on Petfinder. Please use the contact information in each animal’s post for adoption inquires.